Costa Rica is known around the world as a green destination. This distinction makes us proud and we hope to highlight some of the different eco systems in our All that is Green vacation package. Come explore the wonders of nature with us on an eco adventure of a lifetime! This is just an example package, we can create a trip just for you to suit your travel style and budget.
Contact us to customize your travel experience!
Day 1 ~ Arrival ~ (San Jose)
- Transfer to Hotel – (approx. 10 minutes) – spend your first day acclimating, your adventure begins bright and early in the morning.
- Check In Adventure Inn – or similar hotel
Day 2 ~ Alajuela ~ Tortuguero ~ (B,L,D)
- Transfer to Tortuguero – Early morning transfer from your hotel to Tortuguero National Park. Originally intended to protect a major nesting beach of the Atlantic Green Sea Turtle, the Park now protects 51,870 acres, one of the last large areas of tropical rainforest in Central America. Eleven habitats are found in the park. Three species of monkeys (Spider, Howler, and White-faced), Three-toed Sloths, and river otters are frequently seen along the natural inland waterways and canals. Caiman, iguanas, river turtles, Basilisk Lizards, and Poison Dart Frogs (Dendrobates) inhabit the area, along with more than 320 species of birds including all six species of kingfishers found in the new world, three species of toucans, eight species of parrots, and other neotropical species such as the Slaty-tailed Trogon, White-collared Manakin and the Purple-throated Fruitcrow.
- Check In Mawamba Lodge – Or similar lodge
Day 3 ~ Tortuguero ~ (B,L,D)
- Lodge Tours – Morning boat tour in the Tortuguero Canals. This tour introduces visitors to the rich rainforest and its great array of Wildlife. Early morning hours are a great opportunity to witness the awakening in the forest. After you return to the hotel and rest for some time. Your naturalist guide will take on a visit to the “Mawamba Park” in our facility that includes the butterfly farms, frog farm and garden, iguana farm, bio-digestor and gardens. This visit is combined with a walk in the trails at the Lodge. End the day with another optional canal tour
- Turtle Tour – Seasonal – June through July Green Sea Turtles can be seen nesting in the area. The hatchlings are born 2 months after the turtle has laid its eggs. This means that between September and November, one can witness them at the beach in front of Mawamba Lodge.If you are a guest around that time, don’t miss going to the beach early morning (between 5 and 6) or late afternoon (between 4:30 and 5:30 am) to try and spot one (or many) of the little turtles on their way to the ocean. It is an incredible sight!
Day 4 ~ Tortuguero ~ Sarapiqui ~ (B,L,D)
- Transfer to Sarapiqui – Boat and land transfer to Sarapiqui, your nature trip continues!
- Check In Selva Verde Lodge – Bungalow or similar
- Optional Night Hike – Night hike with Naturalist Guide – Join Selva Verde’s naturalist guides for an exciting exploration of the rainforest at night! Bring your flashlight and search the grounds and surrounding trails for nocturnal wildlife – including tree frogs, leaf mimicking insects, and nocturnal mammals including kinkajous and bats!
Day 5 ~ Sarapiqui ~ (B,L,D)
- Visit La Selva Biological Station – A haven for tropical researchers for nearly half a century, La Selva Biological Station is a living laboratory. Located adjacent to Braulio Carrillo National Park, La Selva protects over 3,500 acres of virgin rainforest. Twice daily guided hikes allow access to a portion of the field station trails and offer insight into the history of the Organization of Tropical Studies. Each walk is approximately 3 1/2 hours, principally on cement or wood trails suitable for people of all ages. Some trails are accessible for the physically challenged. Two hour specialized birding tours are also available.
Day 6 ~ Sarapiqui ~ Arenal ~ (B,D)
- Private Transfer to Arenal – (approx. 3 hours) ~ The drive to Arenal is a scenic one, enjoy the trip into our central mountain chain. Vehicles are equipped with WiFi.
- Check In Arenal Observatory Lodge – Or similar hotel or lodge
- Tabacon Thermal Resort Evening Hot Springs Pass-Enjoy Tabacon Thermal Springs and a buffet Dinner. Find many different temperature pools throughout the property as you go and explore the landscape. On a clear night you will be able to soak in the springs while watching the Lava from Arenal Volcano!
Day 7 ~ Arenal ~ (B)
- Safari Float – This completely relaxing float trip takes you on the beautiful Río Peñas Blancas where you’re bound to spot wildlife! This clear water river is fed by the pristine waters of several private cloud forest reserves in Monteverde and is surrounded by lush rainforest, natural volcanic hot springs, waterfalls and forested canyons that measure upwards of 700 feet (213 m) in height. In other words, the Peñas Blancas River is an indisputable scenic adventure. Most visitors to the river enjoy a calm safari float to take advantage of the hot springs, waterfalls and abounding wildlife which includes monkeys, sloths, river turtles, crocodiles, iguanas and many bird species.
Day 8 ~ Arenal ~ (B)
- Horseback to La Fortuna Waterfall – Get spectacular views of the Arenal Volcano and the green countryside as you travel by horseback to the 140-foot Río Fortuna waterfall. Then take a 20-minute hike to the river to cool off in the rushing waters beneath the waterfall.
Day 9 ~ Arenal ~ Monteverde ~ (B)
- Boat transfer to Arenal – An adventure in itself, travel by boat across lake Arenal and then 4×4 to Monteverde. This is the fastest and a very scenic way to travel between the Arenal Vocano and the cloud forests of Monteverde. This transfer operates in either direction and you get great views of the Arenal Volcano and the unspoiled and tropical Lake Arenal.
- Check In Arco Iris – superior room or similar lodge
- Hidden Valley Night Tour – Located near the Cerro Plano area between Santa Elena and the Monteverde Reserve the Hidden Valley trail offers the ideal forest and elevation to view the incredible wildlife of the tropics. For those who wish to observe wonders hidden in the forest after dark, we offer guided night hikes. The tour begins just before nightfall, allowing us to see a wide variety of nocturnal creatures. The walk starts at 5:30 pm after enjoying the beautiful sunset guests will be amazed the forest seems to awaken during the transition to night. The naturalist guide will explain many of the unique features of the forest and creatures that inhabit it while navigating the trails, the tour ends at 7:30 P.M. The Hidden Valley organization is committed to seeing protected areas like Hidden Valley Trail carry on forever in hopes of guaranteeing a better quality of life for future generations. At that time when founder David Savage acquired 11 hectares of the tropical forest much of the surrounding land was being converted to farming however the Savage family resisted and decided to protect it, preserving it into what is today Hidden Valley Trail.
Day 10 ~ Monteverde ~ (B,L)
- Day at Selvatura Park – Zipline Canopy Tour, Hanging Bridges, Hummingbird Gardens, Butterfly Gardens – Selvatura Adventure Park’s Canopy Tour is one of the safest extreme adventures in Costa Rica! Our Canopy Tour guides start by harnessing you with all the appropriate equipment after which they will lecture you on all the safety procedures to enjoy this amazing adventure with our “Safety First” motto. You will then be flying through 15 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end of the adventure. Selvatura Park is one of the longest Canopy Tours in Costa Rica. Also it is the only canopy tour located inside the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Selvatura’s Tree Top Walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3 kilometer) trail that crosses through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here visitors will walk on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet ( 50 meters ) up to 510 feet ( 170 meters ) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet ( 12 meters ) up to 180 feet ( 60 meters ).Each bridge has a width of five feet, the widest bridges in Costa Rica, and also a capacity of up to 80 people per bridge making them both the longest and strongest bridge systems in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The Tree Top Walkways are suitable for people of all ages. The duration of the hike usually takes between 1.5 and 2 hours and guided and self guided tours. Imagine yourself in a beautiful garden. Now imagine over 100 beautiful hummingbirds flying cheerfully around you! That is what the incredible Hummingbird Garden has to offer you. More than 14 species of hummingbirds will amaze you with their incredible aerial maneuvers and bright lively colors. Butterfly Gardens – Venture into exploring a different world. A world in which a controlled climate provides the best temperature (82.4º F or 28º C) for its inhabitants to feel in paradise. Explore a community that gathers more than 20 species of butterflies. Learn about their life cycle, their special abilities and behaviors that have helped them evolve throughout thousands of years. Enjoy a guided walk inside one of the world’s largest live butterfly exhibitions with an area of over 29,000 square feet (2,700 square meters). Come and enjoy all the wonders that you may discover in this marvelous World of Butterflies
Day 11 ~ Monteverde ~ Alajuela ~ (B)
- Private Transfer to Alajuela – (approx. 3 hours)
- Check In Adventure Inn – Or similar hotel
Day 12 ~ Departure ~ (B)
- Transfer to Airport – (approx. 10 minutes)
Contact us to customize your travel experience to suit your travel style and budget!
- All Transfers Listed Unless Noted Otherwise
- All Hotels Listed
- All Tours Listed Unless Noted Otherwise
- Meals Indicated Daily as (B,L,D)
- All Transfer, Hotel, & Tour Taxes
- 24 Hour Trip Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- An Adventure of a Lifetime